2012 – Rental System (FH JOANNEUM)
This web-based software can track and manage rentals for many objects, users and inventories. It follows the idea that every user has its own inventory, from which he/she can check objects in and out. User-independent inventories, which can be managed by multiple persons are also supported.
The workflow was developed in cooperation with the Information Design Media Center of the FH JOANNEUM, and adapted to requirements of daily use. The software has been used successfully for some time – unfortunately, maintaining the code became too time-consuming for a single person and further development was stopped for now.
- Browser-based, multi-lingual, multi-user system with optional LDAP connection
- Users can browse inventories and place reservations online, see when objects are available
- Complex object management: create single or multiple of the same type, change, delete, assign unique serial numbers, create object groups, set states, record rental history, …
- Different overviews for managing current rentals, i.e. who returns what when, who wants to retrieve which objects today, which objects are overdue, who had X the last time, who damaged Y, etc.
- Inventory management: opening hours, terms and conditions, print view for rental confirmations, …
- Partially implemented: penalty system for imposing restrictions on users for returning objects late or for damaging them